The Controller will be responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements in accordance to GAAP. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including financial reporting, analytics to support cost reduction/avoidance, cost accounting, sales tax reporting, supervising payroll, general ledger preparation, year-end audit preparation and the support of budget and forecast activities.
- Review and direct the processing of all accounting functions, including cash receipts, disbursements and daily cash banking requirements
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems to ensure compliance with appropriate GAAP tax filings
- Handle the cost accounting and inventory valuation
- Prepare general ledger account reconciliations
- Oversee Company’s warranty and freight claims
- Maintain internal controls and safeguards for receipt of revenue, cost, budget and actual expenditures
- Consistently analyze financial data and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements
- Leverage strengths of the current accounting team members, help to clarify roles and responsibilities and develop and implement training programs in order to maximize and reach optimal individual and organizational goals
- Provide leadership in strengthening internal communication with staff at all levels throughout the organization; create and promote a positive and supportive work environment
- Direct external audits involving review of accounting and administrative controls
- Establish system controls for new financial systems and develop procedures to improve existing systems
- Interact with Chief Financial Officer in matters pertaining to accounting issues
- 5 – 7 years supervisory experience directly associated with financial reporting/general accounting
- Bachelor’s Degree/CPA or equivalent education and work experience Polished leadership, supervisory and management abilities
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of relevant technologies/financial systems
- Exceptional organizational skills/effective time management
- Ability to pay close attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills along with excellent written communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of acceptable accounting practices and financial accounting standards
For immediate consideration for this position, please e-mail your resume and cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com. Please ensure that the job Reference Code is included in your correspondence.
CPI Aero considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.